DECEIVE INC, the stealthy multiplayer FPS developed by Sweet Bandits Studios and published by Tripwire Presents had a successful launch back in March and the first new agent, Red, has been added recently with the Noire-themed Misery Empire update. The game blends stealth, subterfuge and gunplay wrapped in a shaggadelic 70’s spy cartoon aesthetic and in my review I found it to be a heck of a lot of fun, made better when teaming up with your mates.
The first major post-launch update introduces a wide array of quality-of-life and balancing updates based on feedback from its ever-growing community, designed to encourage more strategic approaches towards capturing the objective. In addition, players can also look forward to the release of Red, the charming and treacherous new agent and first new playable spy to join the roster with the game’s Catalog System, developer Sweet Bandits Studios’ player-friendly alternative to traditional battle pass systems that never expires.
DECEIVE INC. Misery Empire Update Highlights:
- Catalog System: Introducing the ‘Catalog System,’ a player-friendly alternative to traditional Battle Pass systems. With the release of the Misery Empire update, players can unlock the new agent, Red and other premium cosmetics with Catalog coins, earned by playing DECEIVE INC., or with Bonds (in-game premium currency). Additional details on how to navigate the new Catalog System are available here.
- New Agent, Red: The versatile scoundrel spy introduces an all-new status effect: Charmed. Charmed spies are sent back into cover and gain the status effect, making them both slowed and neutralized. Spies who fire their weapons while charmed become heartbroken, removing the slow effect but making them vulnerable instead. DECEIVE INC. players can unlock Red immediately for 1500 DI Credits earned by playing the game. Alternatively, players can unlock Red immediately when purchasing the premium seasonal catalog.
- New HEAT System: Designed to reduce collateral damage and raise its operational standards, Deceive Inc. has introduced this new system to discourage unnecessary harm to civilians. Agents will be penalized with increased vulnerability and suffer extra damage when mistaking civilians for rival agents too many times in a row. Players’ HEAT levels will also reduce over time.
- TEAM Intel Update: Following player feedback and developer investigation, Team Intel will now be shared. This update is designed to slow down speed running tactics while incentivizing teams to take more strategic approaches towards splitting up to collect intel while providing more value to acquiring keycards in team games.
- TEAM Revives Update: While the former system allowing players to revive a teammate once per match was a great incentive to stay alive and kept the stakes high, this new system update now allows downed spies to be revived by teammates up to three times with increasing health penalties. Moving forward players can stay in the fight longer and contribute to their team.
- New Looks: What’s the point of capturing the objective if you can’t look good while doing it? Players can look forward to leveling up their looks with a wide variety of fashion-forward new agent skins available now via the Catalog System.
For the full breakdown of the Misery Empire update, including the latest development roadmap, head over to the developer’s Steam post. DECEIVE INC. is available to play now on Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox and PlayStation.