“Everyone Fights, No One Quits!” A new game set in the Starship Troopers universe has just been announced and it’s looking really bloody cool. Starship Troopers: Extermination is in-development by Offworld Industries, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, and is a 12-player co-op FPS looking at an early access release on Steam in 2023.
Back in June, Roundtable Co-Op co-founder Johnny jumped into real time strategy game Starship Troopers: Terran Command. While that game is a solid RTS, there’s nothing better than getting boots on the ground and standing shoulder-to-shoulder in a co-op FPS game. Starship Troopers: Extermination puts players on the far-off front lines in an all-out assault against the Arachnid menace. Squad up as a Trooper with one of three classes (Assault, Support or Defense) in the Deep Space Vanguard, an elite Special Forces group within the Mobile Infantry. Trusty Morita Assault Rifles in hand, players will do battle against hordes of bloodthirsty insectoid aliens on the hostile surface of the planet Valaka.
Work together to complete objectives, acquire resources, build and defend your base of operations with walls, towers, ammo stations and more, then escape to the extraction point together. The battle will be intense but, as hardened warriors standing for all of humanity and the United Citizen Federation, leave no inch of ground safe for the Arachnids! Suit up and ship out, Troopers! After all, “the only good Bug is a dead Bug!“
- Cooperative Gameplay – 12 players can team up in squads of four to defend their base, complete objectives, gather resources, and try to kill every Bug in sight.
- Three Playable Classes – Choose from Assault, Support, and Defense classes to best suit your playstyle and support the rest of your squad.
- Build Defenses – Construct walls, towers, ammo stations, and more using resources acquired from planetside refineries.
- Class Progression System – Unlock new weapons, equipment, and perks for each class to become an elite warfighter among the Deep Space Vanguard.
- 5 Unique Bug Types – At Early Access launch, encounter Drone, Warrior, Gunner, Plasma Grenadier, and Tiger Elite enemy Bugs during planetside missions.
- Escalating Infestation Levels – Increasing Bug threat levels during missions bring bigger and more dangerous enemies to the fight.
- Large-scale Battles – A massive map with five unique zones, and swarm-based combat with hundreds of enemy Bugs on screen delivers the sense of an overwhelming planetary war.
- Ground War – Retake bases and refineries, destroy hives, and complete a variety of side objectives to wrest control of the map away from the Bug menace.
- Ping system – Communication is key! The ‘Ping’ system gives players a quick and easy way to call out points of interest, objectives, incoming enemies, and more to teammates.