The tension, excitement, and thrill of the hunt is finally presented through the lens of a highly experienced, ethical huntsman in Way of the Hunter. Developed by Slovakia-based Nine Rocks Games and published by THQ Nordic, Way of the Hunter will release on August 16, 2022 for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X. Players will take on the role of a seasoned hunter who has just taken over his grandfather’s hunting cabin and the opportunity to proceed with the family tradition of selling high-quality game meat. A variety of biomes provide the player with a vast area of beautiful nature to explore. The hunter is challenged with observing animal tracks while carefully stalking and avoiding detection from the razor-sharp senses of his prey.
“With Way of the Hunter, we are going to start a new franchise” said David Durčák, CEO, Nine Rocks Games. “The Way of the Hunter franchise finally gives this expansive audience of players a hunting experience as rich in story-telling as it is realistic in ballistic simulation. To create the best game possible, we’ve assembled a seasoned team of skilled professionals, who worked on games like DayZ or the Cabela’s hunting games before.”
Way of the Hunter’s large selection of authentic hunting equipment and weapons, including licensed guns and scopes, are amplified by realistic handling of firearms and bullet physics. The game features two, vast, open-world hunting territories – one in the U.S. and one in Europe – each 55 square miles (140 km²) in size. In the Pacific Northwest map that features a lush valley with deep forests and ice-cold rivers, you will hunt some of the most popular US game. Animals such as white-tailed deer or waterfowl, go toe to hoof with an elk or moose, and challenge dangerous predators like the American black bear or the grey wolf. Co-op multiplayer mode allows players to venture out into awe-inspiring nature and share the thrill of the chase during their greatest hunting adventures.
- Hunt like a pro with features that highlight animal signs, blood splatter analysis, and shot review with the rewindable bullet camera
- Dozens of strikingly detailed animal species with realistic behaviour models for a truly immersive hunting experience
- Enjoy your perfect hunting adventure among friends in co-op mode
- Two vast hunting territories with 55 square miles each
- Realistic ballistics and bullet physics simulation
- Sophisticated natural animal animations and reactions when sensing the players presence
- A compelling story about the struggles of a family hunting business, and the rivalry and friendships that surround it
- Complex Trophy system generates unique antlers and horns based on multiple factors like fitness and age
Pre-orders for Way of the Hunter are available now and lets you choose between two versions – standard and Elite edition. The early hunter catches the discount: If you pre-order the Elite Edition before August 16th, you’ll get a 10% discount. For more information, head over to the Way of the Hunter official site.