Crime Boss: Rockay City is a roguelite shooter from developer Ingame Studios and published by 505 Games and launched on March 28, 2023, on Epic Games Store, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. This Organized Crime live-service shooter combines action combat, turf wars, and a huge cast of Hollywood greats such as Michael Madsen, Chuck Norris, Danny Trejo, Kim Basinger, Danny Glover, Michael Rooker, Damion Poitier and Vanilla Ice. Crime Boss: Rockay City pits protagonist Travis Baker (Madsen) against ridiculous odds in an explosive turf war to become king of the criminal underworld. If you haven’t played the game before or tried at release and parked it, there is a free weekend to jump back in and check out the updates since launch, and at a discounted price too.
Featuring a compelling single player game that can also be played as a gritty co-op multiplayer experience, you take over Rockay one block at a time and ascend the criminal ladder. Get in free this weekend and gain as much experience as you can before the Dollar Dragon Expansion Pack drops later in September. Help Baker climb to the top the criminal ladder of Rockay City, while evading capture from Sheriff Norris (Chuck Norris), where every play-through will be different, and no road to glory is the same as the last. Rockay City is ever evolving, and so are the challenges Baker and his team face. Navigate each mission to complete objectives and take over Rockay City one neighbourhood at a time or build out your team across two co-op modes where the stakes are high, but the rewards are higher.
The game features three game modes:
- Baker’s Battle: Play as Baker in the single player roguelite campaign as he builds his empire using strategy, cunning and fire power to systematically steal territory from rival gangs. (single player only).
- Crime Time: Jump into the co-op action with your friends, play big heists, recruit your gang, earn money and respect (playable in single player and co-op).
- Urban Legends: Experience high-stake missions, with the best characters & weapons that will take you places you’ve only dreamed of – and beyond… (playable in single player & co-op).
The third update to Crime Boss: Rockay City released late last month and added the following features to the game:
- New Scenarios and Environments – Take on the Gas Station, Car Dealer, and Truck Convoy missions, which appear in both the campaign and Crime Time modes.
- Character Persistency – Progression through individual character missions now persists through campaign runs. A unique character dying in their character mission no longer resets the plotline, now resuming in the next campaign run after the last successful character mission instead. The plotline only resets when the unique character dies through regular means and not in their character mission.
- Improved Stealth Gameplay and Rebalancing – Employ stronger stealth takedowns, with improved enemy AI perceptions and reactions. INGAME STUDIOS also rebalanced the campaign economy, silencers, the “New Blood” Urban Legend mission chain, and more.
- Shuffle Mission Chains Mode in Crime Time – Play missions in a new way, with randomized mission chains in three challenging difficulty tiers. Full completion of these chains offers greater respect points and awards.
- Kick, Mute, and Examine Profiles in Multiplayer – While specific details on functionality depends on the platform, hosts can now kick ne’er-do-wells from their games. We’re criminals, not monsters.
- See the full patch notes with additional changes here and check out the roadmap for future DLC and additional updates.
With a free weekend ahead of us, now is the best time to check out Crime Boss: Rockay City for yourself and grab it at a discounted rate on Epic Games Store (AU$41.99), Xbox Series X|S ($41.99), or PlayStation 5 ($38.46). Also as of Sept 5, physical editions of the game are available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.